The Old Smokey Electric Smoker has a heating element like an electric oven.
On top of the heating element is a chip tray where you put wood chips for smoke flavor.
The first cooking level has a drip pan(no need to add water!!) and a lower grill.
The upper cooking level has an additional grill.
The Electric Smoker has a flat top, so juices drip right back onto the food.
Also, the top seals tightly during cooking to keep smoke and flavor inside reduce cooking time.
The Electric Smoker is controlled by a variable heat control to allow a wide variety of cooking times and styles.
You'll want one of our temperature gauges too. Buy one as an add-on, and we'll install it for you. (if you don't want it installed please let us know).
Store the Electric Smoker with the lid off or slightly off to keep moisture from being trapped inside.
- The Old Smokey Electric Smoker is 15" diameter and has 2 grills
- The upper grill is about 14.5" diameter and the lower about 12.5"
- Each grill has handles to allow easy insertion and removal
- The heating element is rated at 1250W at 120VAC, which can produce up to 250°F, but this temperature will drop as the smoker fills with smoke from the wood chips and steam (created by the moisture that drips form the food into the pan)
- You can turn the heat control down as you cook, though, even to a "Keep Warm" range
- The lid seals tightly, keeping smoke and steam inside as you cook
The food won't dry out, and that's the secret to great results
California Residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS